From Pastor Dan
Dear Church Family,
As we enter the reopening phase of the church, I also want to reassure you that all the procedures being put into place are for your physical protection as well as the protection of the larger community. I am so thankful for the positive way that you have approached this quarantine and the limited access that we have been able to have with each other.
This is a lot of information, so please ask if you have any questions. The office will be open on Tuesdays from 9-12. You can also reach us by email, cell, or through the Contact Us link on our website at tippcityumc.org/contact-us.
Please know that we are following the guidelines that have been given to us by the West Ohio Conference of the UMC as best as we can, and we are grateful for your patience with us through it all.
Once again, I want to THANK YOU for your positive attitude as we work together through this time. It will be so wonderful to see everyone! We look forward to the day when we can once again embrace and shake hands.
Until then, in His Faithful and Amazing Grace,
What you can expect:
- You will see the church doors propped open from the parking lot so that you can simply walk in, handling as little hardware, (door handles, light switches, etc.) as possible. The Dow Street doors will be locked for entrance, but they will be available to exit in case of emergency. We are asking everyone to enter through the open (parking lot) front doors.
- At this time, in compliance with guidelines from our UMC Conference office, Children's Ministry classes will only be held via Zoom. For more information on that, contact Family Ministry Pastor Greg Moehl at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are symptomatic of Covid-19, we ask that that you remain at home until you are well and enjoy our livestream option. Find links to join us on Facebook & Youtube at tippcityumc.org/live
- Those who are most vulnerable (those over 65 and/or with preexisting conditions) are encouraged to be abundantly cautious. If you are more comfortable viewing from home, please continue to do that for as long as you need.
- Until July 5th, both 9 and 10:30 services will be held in the Great Hall. After that date, the 9 a.m. service will resume worship in the Sanctuary. This will allow the Live Stream Team time to complete setup in the Sanctuary.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available. Please utilize them upon entry.
- As you enter, you will see the Gathering Area seating has been removed, and there will be no Hospitality food service. Please keep social distance which unfortunately means no hugging or shaking hands. The ushers will be waiting at the entrance to the worship areas, and they will assist you in finding a seat in which ever service you are attending. We ask that you maintain the proper distance from others when selecting your seats.
- Masks, though not required, will be provided if needed as a precaution for the protection of those around you. The staff, including myself, will be wearing face protection the entire time (other than when we are on stage).
- The hymnals, Bibles, and any other materials are being removed from the pews and seats while these restrictions persist. Since we won’t be having bulletins, announcements can be found on the YouVersion sermon notes found on the YouVersion Bible app or at the sermon notes page on this website. There will also be no communal singing or responsive reading at this time.
- The services will be less than an hour. This will allow the Maintenance Ministry time to wipe down and disinfect between services. It will also minimize crowding as we enter and exit between services.
- Offering plates will not be passed, but we will have baskets within each worship area for you to give your tithe or offering. We are incredibly thankful for your continued, faithful giving!
- We ask that people take great precaution by not gathering inside the building after the service.